FixLegal aims to become a trusted adviser to our clients and provide the same pragmatic problem solving legal advice an in-house counsel provides.
Many small to medium sized businesses have an overextended CFO/ GM who is also trying to deal with their legal needs. They do not have the time or necessarily the expertise to deal with legal issues.
We understand and offer a range of commercial legal services to businesses. FixLegal also provides overflow services and secondments for existing in-house legal counsel.
One of our specialties is in contract review and drafting. As very experienced contract lawyers FixLegal can provide quick and cost effective reviews of large contracts and highlight for you the major legal and commercial risks involved .
FixLegal can also redraft your standard terms and conditions to make them more accessible and palatable to customers while protecting your business interests.
Katie MacGregor – Principal and Director.
Katie is an experienced lawyer and has dealt with many different businesses of different sizes, suppliers, regulators and customers, She has worked as an in-house counsel in major corporations including Goodman Fielder, Chandler Macleod, Nestle, AMP, and Rubik Financial.
She takes a commercial approach and aims to provide practical, compliant legal solutions that will suit the strategic needs of your business. She has extensive knowledge of the FMCG, Recruitment, Media and IT industries and is experienced in risk management particularly in the areas of the implementation of new products and dispute resolution.
FixLegal can provide advice in the following areas:
- Contract law – review and drafting of services, supply and purchasing, manufacturing, licensing and standard terms and conditions – Katie has written many bespoke agreements for clients.
- Negotiation of agreements and commercial disputes
- Procurement including reviewing tenders and responses
- Competition and Consumer Law – regulatory advice
- Advertising, packaging, merchandising, POS and food labelling
- Promotions and sponsorship
- Employment law, advice and contracts
- Corporate policies and procedures
- Privacy and data protection
- Intellectual Property protection and creation
- M&A and due diligence
- Legal training to for clients
- External legal service provider management and cost analysis
Fix Legal can also undertake a legal health check of your business to assess your legal risks and what areas you can improve on. FixLegal can then either deliver the services or find the right people to do it. This is particularly useful for businesses that are getting their house in order for a potential sale.